IED Madrid Photography SCHOLARSHIPS:
European Master of Fine Art Photography, International Photobook and Professional Photography
Image: The City of Brides by Alena Zhandarova
“Photography is too good to be considered simply art” (Ant!foto Manifesto, 2013). If you want to specialise in this discipline, train with one of our key programmes. We offer practical training, innovative and based on the excellence of the teaching staff and the carrying out of an individual project. Participation period: 17rd September, 2013.
A new Professional Photography Specialisation Course and the third edition of the International Photobook Specialisation Course begin this autumn. The fourth edition of the prestigious European Master in Fine Art Photography begins in January, 2014.
OBTAIN YOUR SCHOLARSHIP FOR THREE INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED COURSES
The training courses for which we are announcing scholarships are the following:
European Master of Fine Art Photography
Dates: January, 2014 – December, 2014
The practical and innovative European Master in Fine Art Photography is a unique programme based on the excellence of its teachers: Alejandro Castellote, Elger Esser, Joan Fontcuberta, Andreas Müller-Pohle, Martin Parr and Simon Roberts, among others.
International Photobook Specialisation Course
Dates: September, 2013 – January, 2014
During the whole process one of the most enriching aspects of the programme is that of working closely with teachers. We have with us leading figures in the photobook sector: artists, editors and international theorists of recognized academic quality, like Horacio Fernández, Martin Parr and Irina Tchmyreva, among others.
Professional Photography Specialisation Course
Dates: October, 2013 – January, 2014
The co-directors of the course, Ricardo Cases and Paul Kranzler, enjoy as much success in their commissions work as in the artistic sphere. In this programme, they will teach the student how to find a style of his/her own within professional photography.
European Master in Fine Art Photography
One first scholarship equivalent to €8,500 off the course fee.
One second scholarship equivalent to €4,250 off the course fee.
Photobook International Specialisation Course
One first scholarship equivalent to €1,700 off the course fee.
One second scholarship equivalent to €850 off the course fee.
Professional Photography Specialisation Course
One first scholarship equivalent to €2,800 off the course fee.
One second scholarship equivalent to €1,400 off the course fee.
LEGAL CONDITIONS OF THE COMPETITION
1. People of any origin or nationality can take part.
2. The scholarships are awarded in a discretional way, based on the documentation received and the development potential of the candidate. The pre-selected applicants will be contacted for a brief interview in person, by telephone or skype.
3. The European Master in Fine Art Photography, the Professional Photography Specialisation Course and the International Photobook Specialisation Course are given in English. There are some activities, case studies and lectures which are given in Spanish with simultaneous translation. A medium-high level of English is required.
4. Dynamics of the competition: the participants will have to fill out the competition application form, attaching their curriculum vitae, portfolio and a motivation letter.
– One first prize for the European Master in Fine Art Photography equivalent to €8,500 off the course fee *.
– One second prize for the European Master in Fine Art Photography equivalent to €4,250 off the course fee *.
– One first prize for the Professional Photography Specialisation Course equivalent to €2,800 off the course fee *.
– One second prize for the Professional Photography Specialisation Course equivalent to €1,400 off the course fee *.
– One first prize for the International Photobook Specialisation Course equivalent to €1,700 off the course fee *.
– One second prize for the International Photobook Specialisation Course equivalent to €850 off the course fee *.
6. All the winners will have to pay the course registration fee (€4,000 for the European Master in Fine Art Photography; €1,100 for the Professional Photography Specialisation Course; €700 for the International Photobook Specialisation Course). The winners of the second prizes will have to pay the registration fee and the difference between the price of the course and the amount of the prize (€4,000 registration fee plus €4,250 in course fees for the European Master in Fine Art Photography; €1,100 registration fee plus €1,400 in course fees for the Professional Photography Specialisation Course; €700 registration fee plus €850 in course fees for the International Photobook Specialisation Course).
7. In no case are the scholarship amounts repayable in cash.
8. To receive the grant it is ESSENTIAL to enrol and pay the registration fee within a period of 10 days starting from Friday 8st of September, 2013 the date of the announcement of the winners.
9. Rules. Winners must be aware of and observe the rules contained in the general regulations of the IED Madrid, and accept and sign the specific regulations for scholarship holders within a period of a week from the announcement of the awarding of the prize.
10. Winners must study the whole of the Master in the IED Madrid, and risk losing the scholarship if they transfer to another centre.
11. 90% minimum attendance at classes.
12. The scholarship holders must actively participate in all the special and multidisciplinary projects proposed by the school: presentation events, supervised competitions and workshops.
13. The scholarship holders must actively participate in the documentation of the Master activities, maintenance of the blog, description of journeys, workshops, lectures, etc.
14. The Masters course will not take place if the minimum number of students is not reached, This will mean the loss of the scholarship.
15. The cancellation of the course during the official announcement of 2013-2014 will give rise to the loss of the scholarship.
16. Failure to comply with any of the obligations described will mean the loss of the scholarship.
17. The scholarship holders give their consent to their name appearing in the Newspoint bulletin and other promotional materials of the IED.
18. The participation period ends on the 17 September, 2013 at 10:00, Madrid time.
19. The judges decision will be announced on the 20th of September, 2013 at 18:00, Madrid time, via iedmadrid.com.
20. In accordance with Organic Law 25/1999 of the 13th of December, regarding Personal Data Protection, we inform you of the inclusion of your personal and professional data to an automated file entitled STUDENTS and FORMER STUDENTS, managed by the Istituto Europeo di Design S.L., with the aim of offering you information on the administrative processing of your academic record, course and training applications, information, scholarships and grants, events, workshops and any other promotional purpose. You are likewise informed of your righto to access, rectify, cancel and oppose the use of your data, by writing to the following address: Istituto Europeo di Design, calle Larra, 14 28004 Madrid o firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Participation in this competition entails the acceptance of these conditions **.
*The expenses of additional didactic activities are not included in the scholarship amount.
**These conditions are correct except for printing errors and can be found at www.iedmadrid.com.
One reply on “Six scholarschips for bilingual photography courses in Madrid. Deadline extended to : Sept. 17, 2013.”
[…] for Warsaw Photo Days’ Open Programme under the theme ‘CLASH’ (Deadline Sept 5); the Scholarships for the European Master of Fine Art Photography (and two more courses, on Photobooks and on Professional Photography) in Madrid, with Deadline […]