LAND-SHAPE, Land Art North Denmark invites artists, designers, architects, scientists and entrepreneurs to submit proposals for visionary, site-specific, Land Art for Northern Jutland.
– 10 winning projects will be selected
– 10.000,- DKK (1.350 EUR) in order to participate in the LAND-SHAPE festival 2015 with a conceptual representation of a site specific land art piece for North Jutland
– 10 day stay in Denmark, highlighting the winners at the LAND-SHAPE Land Art North Denmark Festival June 2015 where further development and actual realization of the projects will be investigated, negotiated and planned
– LAND-SHAPE festival Prize: 50.000,- DKK (EUR 6.700 EUR)
– LAND-SHAPE public choice Prize: 25.000.DKK (3.300 EUR)
– Realization of a site specific land art piece in North Jutland, Denmark including help for matchmaking in Denmark with professionals, assistants, materials etc. during the period June 2015 – December 2016.
LAND-SHAPE aims at establishing innovative and cutting-edge, site specific, land art works, for the northern region of Denmark: North Jutland. The project calls for land art proposals in a widened artistic perspective: Investigates the potentials of contemporary land art and its relation to society. We recognize both the roots and historical emergence of “classical” land art form together with new approaches through cross aesthetics, different medias, relational aesthetics, new material art, all kinds of collaborative forms. LAND-SHAPE challenges artists and artist groups to submit proposals for sites in North Jutland to activate:
– Hidden potential though cultural heritage of the region or special locations in North Jutland
– New narratives suggesting future potential of the sites. Cross going collaboration with local “resources” such as: primal matter, industrial products typical of the area, innovation areas of North Jutland, special materials produces in the area, institutions, villages, volunteers etc.
– Social engagement though art, involving the citizens, special social groups etc.
– Projects that can enhance the common understanding of the notion of landscape it self.
North Jutland is known for its great nature and wide variation in landscape types. The region has a strong sense of self-consciousness and a deeply embedded tradition for local collaboration. North Jutland is by Danish standards located far away from Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark. This determinates a strong regional focus on both business and cultural fields and opens up to unique initiatives and a strong will to define local identity. This is a condition known to many other regions internationally. The aim of LAND-SHAPE therefore is to investigate in to and hopefully their by increase, the potentials and freedom of being perceived as the periphery/outskirts in any country. LAND-SHAPE deals with the question of how land art, interdisciplinarity and self-organizing can lead to new perspectives for the future society bound to this condition.
Submission period open: August 4 – November 1, 2014.
Selection of 10 winning land art proposals: November 2 – December 1, 2014.
An international jury of 5 highly skilled artists/landscape architects/ art historians etc., from at least 3 different countries, will select 10 winning proposals. LAND-SHAPE is in the process of electing the team for the jury, which will be announced by the end of August on LAND-SHAPE´s website.
More info: http://www.land-shape.dk