Second edition of the Valid Foto BCN International Contemporary Photography Awards in collaboration with LensCulture and Docfield Festival
Galería Valid Foto BCN, in partnership with LensCulture and Festival Docfield, presents the second edition of the “Barcelona International Photography Awards”, with the aim of showcasing international contemporary photography and forming collaborative links between countries and photographic communities. Professionals and amateurs, over the age of 18, may submit photographs.The award is open to any type of photograph, with no restrictions on subject matter.
We are looking for high quality projects, including those that are only starting to take shape, in order to give them international exposure. The competition will be open to entries from 27 April to 27 May 2016 inclusive. The winners will be anounced on 8 June 2016.
The judging panel, made up of eight professional experts from the contemporary photographic and visual arts scene, will assess the submitted portfolios and select eight of them for the following prizes:
– An exhibition featuring the eight winning photographers as chosen by the panel of judges. This will be presented by Galería Valid Foto of Barcelona from July 2016, with the possibility of an international tour.
– The exhibition will be part of the DOCfield 2016 festival programme in Barcelona.
– The eight winners will be assigned a personal account in the LensCulture portal, where they will be able to share their new photographic work.
– In addition to the exhibition, the management of Galería Valid Foto BCN may offer to represent one of the photographers nominated by the judging panel. This photographer will be included in the gallery’s programme of exhibitions and activities during the course of 2016- 2017.
– The photographer chosen by the gallery will have an article about his or her work published on the LensCulture website.
– The winning photographers will be given a Valid Foto Award consisting of tutorials, portfolio reviews and personalized advice aimed at helping them secure a place for their work in the market.
Any photographer over 18 years of age, with a portfolio or photographic series of 5-20 photographs may take part. Submission will be exclusively by electronic means. To make a submission, go to BIPA2016 in the website, where you will be able to register. Once you have entered the website, follow the instructions to upload your images from your computer. When your submission has been completed you will receive a confirmation email. The images submitted should be in JPEG format with a minimum of 1,400 pixels in their longest dimension and the Adobe 1998 or sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile embedded.
The inscription fee for BIPA 2016 is 50 US$ per portfolio. Participants may submit up to a maximum of five portfolios.