Terry O’Neill Award 2010 closes for submissions on 22nd October. This years Award ceremony and exhibition will be at Hotshoe Gallery in London. The Sunday Times Magazine will be publishing a special feature on the entrants in Spectrum. Please see www.oneillaward.com for full entry details and judges.
Judges include, Tom Stoddart (photojournalist), Greg Hobson (curator of photography NMM), Daniel Campbell-Blight (Director Hotshoe Gallery) Julia Fullerton-Batten (photographer) Terry O’Neill, Jon Jones (Director of Photography Sunday Times Magazine), Mark Grosvenor (MD TAG Creative)
Submit between 3-6 images as an exhibition series. Images must fall into the criteria of reportage, fashion, documentary, landscape, wildlife, portraiture, or fine art photography.
The judges are seeking dynamic and arresting images which portray a compelling narrative.
1. Photographers must be over 18 years of age on 1st January 2010. A series of up to six images can be submitted.
2. Entries can be either black and white, colour or lens-based media. They must be sent over as small Jpeg files (72dpi) or no larger than 1mb. Details of sizes for exhibition should also be included and optional artists statement.
3. Photographer’s warrant to The Terry O’Neill Award that they own the work submitted, that the whole copyright is vested in them or, if the copyright belongs to a third party such as an agency, that the photographer has the right to submit the work free of encumbrances or restrictions and that if the work was commissioned for private and domestic purposes, it is submitted with the permission of the person or organisation who commissioned it.
4. Warrant to The Terry O’Neill Award that model release forms (where appropriate) have been obtained from persons featured in their submitted images for all sales, marketing, educational and publicity uses and that no additional releases are required in respect of names, trademarks, designs or works of art depicted in the work.
5. Photographers agree that their work may be exhibited at HotShoe Gallery and will be made available with hanging systems that fit the venue.
6. Photographers agree that The Terry O’Neill Award may non-exclusively reproduce and/or licence the reproduction of any entries featured in the award exhibition without any payment to the photographer, model or third party for any sales, marketing, educational and publicity use on and in all media worldwide including catalogues, posters and the internet. However, such free use shall only be solely and exclusively in connection with the competition and exhibition until the end of 2011 and the photographer or agency will receive a credit for such use.
7. The Judges’ decision is final and no discussion or correspondence can be entered into on their decision. They reserve the right to vary the awards or not to make any award.
8. Reasonable efforts will be made to notify all photographers as to whether their photograph has been short-listed for an award or been selected for the exhibition. It is the photographers’ responsibility to contact The Terry O’Neill Award if he or she has not received notification.
9. The responsibility for damage or loss, however caused, is the responsibility of the photographer. Photographers are therefore advised to arrange adequate insurance cover against such risks. The sponsors, the touring venue or The Terry O’Neill Award shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether or not caused by negligence.
10. Delivery. All entries to be delivered to The Terry O’Neill Award. Entrants whose payments cannot be cashed will be disqualified. All costs incurred through any entries being sent or collected via post or business courier are solely the photographer’s responsibility and must be paid at the time they are sent.
11. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Delivery at dates, times and address other than the above will not be accepted.
12. Collection/return of exhibited photographs. All exhibited photographs must be collected from the address to which they were originally delivered.
13. If selected, photographers agree to have their work exhibited on the The Terry O’Neill Award website.
14. Shortlisted photographers are responsible for the making, framing and delivery of their work to the HotShoe Gallery
15. Work exhibited at Hot Shoe Gallery should be available for sale. A percentage of sales will go to The Lucy Bell Gallery.
16. The closing date for entries is 22nd October, judging will take place on 5th November and winners will be announced and preview on 8th December.
17. Entry to the competition is £7 and £5 for students, per image submitted.
18. All queries to Lucy Bell 01424 434828. firstname.lastname@example.org. Lucy Bell Fine Art Photography, 46 Norman Road, St Leonards, East Sussex, TN38 0EJ.