PHOTOGRAPHIC EXHIBITION CALL:
“DEAF EYES: LANDSCAPING SIGN LANGUAGE”
- Open for deaf photographers living in Italy.
- DEAF EYES: LANDSCAPING SIGN LANGUAGE” (MURLO, 30 APRIL – 30 SEPTEMBER 2022)
- ANNOUNCEMENT AND SELECTION RULES
- Art.1 – Promoters and aims Fondazione Musei Senesi, within the framework of the Erasmus+ project “Deaf Museums” of which it is a partner, in collaboration with Siena School for Liberal Arts and with the coordination of Daniele Le Rose, announces the call “Deaf Looks: Landscaping Sign Language – Deaf Eyes: Landscaping Sign Language”, aimed at selecting deaf photographers and photo amateurs for the realization of an exhibition that will be held in the spaces of the Archaeological Museum of Murlo (Siena) between the end of April and September 2022.
- Art.2 – Theme The photographic exhibition has the following objectives – to collect and exhibit photographs of deaf artists; – to promote photographic art as a social narration of life experiences; – to express deaf heritage in a creative and artistic way; – develop deaf culture and sign language; – to bring deaf culture closer to the hearing community, whether local or visiting the museum, and to create opportunities for mutual comparison and interaction; – provide original keys and levels of interpretation of the museum’s historical collections; – provide original keys and levels of interpretation of the museum’s historical collections; – direct the museum towards the maximum participation and inclusion of the public. The proposed images should respond to the following suggestions: – What is the emotional dimension that moves these shots? – How does deafness affect one’s perception of reality? – How is the heritage of deaf culture reinterpreted through the lens?
- Art. 3 – Participation criteria – Participation in the call is free and open to deaf photographers and amateurs of all nationalities resident in Italy, without age limits as long as they are at least 18 years old. – The images submitted can be in both B/W and colour. – Each participant may send a maximum of 3 images. – The participant must be the author and owner of the shot. – Participation can take place individually or in groups, also on behalf of a specific school and/or academy; collectives and institutes will be considered as single participants in any case. In this case all participants must comply with the above requirements.
- Art.4 – Submission of material and deadline for application To participate you must send your application by PEC no later than 11:59 p.m. on April 3, 2022 at email@example.com, including in the subject line the words “Application for participation in the exhibition Deaf Eyes” and attaching some documents that you can find on the page https://www.museisenesi.org/comunicati-stampa/2022/deaf-eyes-call-fotografi-sordi/