Residency Unlimited (RU) is pleased to announce an open call available to six US based artists for three months residencies each, from March 1 to November 30, 2017.
Each artist will receive a stipend of $1000. This program is made possible with a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) “Art Works” Grant Program.
What does this residency provide?
-a three months residency from March 1 to November 30, 2016 (Residencies begin March, June and September, please indicate your preference)
-stipend of $1000
The selected US based artists will work from RU’s shared, multi-use workspace at 360 Court Street in Brooklyn. They will receive ongoing logistical and technical support from the RU staff for the successful realization of their project, and will be invited to participate in monthly field trips and workshops. There will be weekly curatorial studio visits to ensure them with access to peers and creative feedback on their work. Each residency will conclude with a public presentation of their new work at the RU event space or at a partnering venue.
Through RU’s extensive network, these US based artists will engage with RU’s roster of international artists.
Learn more about the RU Residency Program here.
What are the criteria for selection?
▪ Visual artists, with an active professional practice of at least two years, irrespective of age or nationality.
▪ Must be a US Based artist for at least 3 years.
▪ Artists should not be engaged in another residency or academic program during the residency period.
A jury consisting of RU staff, independent curators, and advisers will select the candidate based on the artistic quality of his/her work; quality of the proposed project; likely benefit to the artist of RU’s tailored residency; artist’s interest in engaging with the RU community and embracing the overall residency experience.
Short-listed artists will be interviewed by RU staff and other panel members. Final selections are made by the full panel.
Note: Non New York based artists, if chosen, are responsible for travel and accommodation, (RU can assist in identifying appropriate housing if needed).
Application Deadline: Friday, January 20, 2017 – 6pm EST
To apply, please have the following ready:
▪ A short statement detailing what you intend to work on during the residency. (3000 Characters Max)
▪ An up-to-date CV (PDF format)
▪ PDF Portfolio that includes your works over the past 2 years. (max 8mb)
▪ If you have a time-based practice, you can send include URLS in the provided fields.
This program is made possible with the generous support from the National Endowment for the Arts.