The 2016 New Talent Awards is open to Chinese photographers under the age of 35. All entries submitted during 15th August-15th November in 2016 are welcomed. Under the principle of fairness and justice, the event is open to public and ready to embrace various academic ideas related with photography. It is expected to present the creation of the youth in this era by selecting original excellent photograph works.
About the Award
Name: 2016 New Talent Award
Schedule: 15th August-15th November, 2016
I. Entering the Award
1. Official website: Entrants can submit their works following the tips on the entry’s page of “2016 New Talent Award” by logging in the official website of New Talent (www.newtalentaward.com).
2. Mailbox or material forms: Works are welcomed submitted either via mailbox or in material forms (paper photos and albums, etc.). Please download the The New Talent Award Application Form and submit it with works.
Note: Please post entries in material forms of CD,USB, paper photos or albums to:
New Talent Award Committee, Xitek, E209 of Shang 8 International Advertising Garden, NO.3 Yard of Xiadianjia, Chaoyang District, Beijing.
Tel: 0086 10 85805422-825
II. Entry Requirements
1. Under the principle of fairness and justice, the 2016 New Talent Award is open to Chinese photographers in both mainland and Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan as well as overseas under the age of 35.
2. The entries must be original and have not been nominated in any national photography competition.
Note: The entry will be qualified for the Award when the latest one is created within the due schedule provided it belong to long-term series.
3. There is no limitation on the content or style of the entry. Photos or other related mixed media are qualified for the Award.
4. The entries submitted via website or mailbox must be saved in JPG format. All photos must be re-sized to the pixel scale ranging from 1000px to 2000px.
5. Every entrant should submit at least five entries together with his/her personal information and interpretation on entries in written form.
Collection: 15th August- 15th November, 2016
Photographers are supposed to enter the 2016 New Talent Award by submitting their works either in form of digital or material. All entries would be qualified for primary selection once submitted.
Note: The deadline of online submission is 00:00, 15th November in 2016. Entries posted before 1st November in 2016 are qualified for the Award either submitted via mailbox or in the form of material.
Primary Selection: 15th November – 5th December, 2016
The judging panel of primary selection will study on all entries and select entries of six photographers as 2016 New Talent Award nominations.
Final Selection: 7th January, 2017
There will be a Photofolio Review before the final selection. To have an in-depth understanding on creative ideas of the photographers, the judging panel of final selection will have face to face communication with the six nominees and select one as 2016 New Talent Photographer.
Awards ceremony: 8th January, 2017
The result of final selection will be published in the awards ceremony.
Every entrant should make sure he/she owns independent, complete and undisputed copyright on entries and have the right to submit the entries following the rules of the event. Photographers are required to be responsible for any legal disputes aroused by the entries for violating the rights( including but not limited to) of portrait, privacy and honor. The entrant shall take the liability of compensation for losses of the sponsor( including Xitek and other partners, similarly hereinafter) caused by the above mentioned disputes.
V. Notice for the Use of Entries
The sponsor or other medias/websites recognized by the sponsor has the right to use all entries freely for(but not limited to) non-commercial purposes of publicity and exhibition via online websites, Weibo and album.
The sponsor has the right to obtain the original file of entries being nominated for exhibition both online and offline as well as album making. After being informed by the sponsor to submit the original file, the nominees should submit the e-file of digital photos or the scanned negative film to the sponsor within the due schedule. Entrant fails to submit the original file of nominations shall be deemed to automatically abandon his/her entry qualification (including but not limited to abandon the nomination) and will not participate in following schedule.
VI. Entry Fee
Entering the 2016 New Talent Award charges no fee. All entries are unreturnable.
Five 2016 New Talent Awards Nominees
a. Creation funds of RMB10,000
b. Attend the Photofolio Review
c. Opportunities for media coverage and exhibition
d. Participate in the itinerant exhibition of 2016 New Talent Award
e. Works being published in the album of 2016 New Talent Award
f. Opportunities for media coverage and exhibition
·One 2016 New Talent Photographer
a. Creation funds of RMB50,000
b. Photographic equipment of RMB50,000
c. Opportunity for solo exhibitions in both domestic and abroad
d. Attend the Photofolio Review
e. Participate in the itinerant exhibition of 2016 New Talent Award
f. Works being published in the album of 2016 New Talent Award
g. Opportunities for media coverage and exhibition
Note: Xitek owns the sole right to interpret this notice for entering the Award. Submission of entries implies the acceptance of all conditions above mentioned.
Please check for the Chinese Version the official website: http://www.newtalentaward.com/