OPEN CALL – International Video Art Festival NOW&AFTER’16
Video artists from all over the world are invited to submit their works for the sixth edition of International Video Art Festival Now&After.
International Video Art Festival Now&After is annualy held in Moscow, Russia. Now&After is traditionally hosted by a museum. During few weeks a festival program is demonstrated as an integrated multi-channel video installation.
The sixth edition of the Festival will take place at The State Darwin Museum from October 29 till November 29, 2016.
Now&After’16 is organized by Media Art Center Now&After
Now&After’16 co-organizer – the State Darwin Museum
Festival Director and Curator – Marina Fomenko
The theme is ECOLOGY WITHOUT BORDERS
So what do the artists focus on?
· Ecology as a relationship between the organisms and the environment or ecology in a general sense?
· Environmental catastrophes or ecological balance maintaining?
· Relationships between humans and the environment or the life of nature itself?
· The growth of cities or rural ecosystems development?
· Social or cultural ecology?
· Ecology of the relationships among people or between people and animals?
· Alienation from nature or integration with it?
· Contamination of the environment or preservation of untouched nature?
-There is no entry fee.
-All rights on videos remain property of authors.
-Submitted videos must have been completed after January 1, 2013.
-Running time is up to 15 min.
-Entry form must be completed online.
-Each applicant may send maximum 3 submissions for single-channel videos ( .jpg with dimension not less than 400 px X 300 px .) The required formats for videos are h264, .avi, .mov, .mpeg2, (PAL), Videos should have quality not less than 720px X 576px.
-All the films selected for the competition program will be considered by the jury.
-The authors of the best films will be awarded.
-The Festival’s Prize Fund is 120,000 rubles.
Opening: 3 November, 2016, 7 p.m.: The State Darwin Museum, Vavilova st. 57, Moscow
Deadline: July 15, 2016
For more information, please visit the festival’s website http://www.now-after.org/eng/