British Journal of Photography’s Breakthrough Awards are open for entries, offering students and recent graduates worldwide an opportunity to showcase their work and gain international exposure.
Four winners will receive a two-week exhibition in east London and have their work published across British Journal of Photography’s online, print and social channels. Winners will also be showcased globally on WeTransfer, the world’s leading file transfer site.
Photographers who are studying on undergraduate and graduate courses, or within 5 years of graduating, may submit work on any topic to be judged by panel of industry experts.
Photographs can be captured in any format and can be of any style or genre. The competition is open to students and graduates from around the world – students and graduates of non-photographic courses may also enter.
Winners will have their work exhibited at a Breakthrough Showcase in east London. The show will take place in June 2016 as part of the Free Range Graduate Shows at The Old Truman Brewery.
Winners will have their work presented by our editorial team at an exclusive launch event, and will be invited to speak about their work. There will also be workshops and events taking place in the gallery throughout the show drawing in photography enthusiasts from around the UK.
-Global showcase on WeTransfer
Winners of the Breakthrough 2016 receive a four-week showcase on the WeTransfer homepage, reaching over 80 million creatives worldwide and providing an unmissable opportunity for exposure to the international creative community.
Runners up in each category will receive WeTransfer Plus accounts, complete with long term storage, increased upload sizes and password protected transfers.
-International exposure from British Journal of Photography
Winners of the Breakthrough 2016 will have their work published across British Journal of Photography’s print, online and social channels, with a combined reach of over 1,000,000 creatives and industry influencers worldwide. BJP is the world’s longest-running and most influential photography magazine, defining the future of contemporary photography.
Winners work will also appear in print as part of a special edition newspaper being printed for all attendees of the exhibition and sessions.
Runners up in each category will be featured on the British Journal of Photography website.
-Opportunity to sell work
Winning images will be showcased in a dedicated section of the BJP Breakthrough site, and made available for sale (if approved by the winner), with the photographer receiving 70% of all sales income.
How to enter:
- Entering the competition costs: £7.50 for a single image or £27.50 for a series of up to 20 images.
- Images can be shot in any format, using any camera model, on film or digital. If you are entering a series of images, please indicate the viewing order, if appropriate, in the caption field.
- Each image can be a maximum of 5MB in size, and we recommend images of 2-3MB in size for easy upload. All images must be submitted as JPEG files – any files submitted in any other format (including TIFF, PDF, PSD etc) will be discarded.
- Your statement must be under 1500 characters
- Once your images and statement have been uploaded to the system you will see an option to submit your entry. Once submitted your entry cannot be altered. Only submitted entries will be viewed by the judges.
YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHERS, TO PARTICIPATE PICK THE LINK BELLOW!: