Screencity Lab in collaboration with Interactionfield is preparing an urban screening event in the context of the Waterpieces Festival (http://www.noass.lv/udensgabali) and the Riga City Festival 2014 (http://www.rigassvetki.lv), part of the European Capital of Culture program.
We are looking for videos to be selected according to following sections:
City as context
A collection of shorts (video art, animation, live action) made for the medium of urban screen to be played in a the city context of the centre of Riga. Set into the everyday life, the videos should work without sound and catch the attention of a heterogeneous audience passing by.
– the video will be screened for 2 days without sound in a loop
– maximum length: 5 minutes
City as a character
A collection of narrative shorts (video art, animation, live action) in which the city acts not just as a background but as a character in the story. We want to show how the urban environment that surrounds us plays an important role in our way of life and shapes our thinking and perception.
– the video will be screened with sound as a single screening event
– maximum length: 10 minutes
General submission requirements
– video format: H.264/MPEG-4
– one hi-res still image
– submitted works must be accompanied by the entry form
– for the selection process please send a link to your video or send the file to the attention of Lorenzo Gerbi preferably via WeTransfer – firstname.lastname@example.org
The screening will be around 15-17 August 2014
DEADLINE: 21 July 2014