SCREEN CITY FESTIVAL
Call for short video and animation (max 5 min)
Shaping Public Space. Moving Cityscapes
October 25th – November 2nd – 2013
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 1st 2013
*** We are looking for Video art / animation / visualization: short (max 5 min) and presentable without sound to be screened in shop windows or on outdoor facades in public space. ***
Screen City is dedicated to the moving image presented in public spaces, on the city`s facades, shop windows and urban venues, enlightening and changing the vision of the urban context of Stavanger. The program will experiment with the reshaping of public space through Media Art, presenting a program of video art, animation, experimental short films, creative data visualizations, projection mapping and participatory urban media interventions.
The city of Stavanger is currently going through a rapid city development meeting challenges of gentrification and conflict of interests. Our point of departure, for both content production and as sites for screenings are the many areas with development potentials currently in the middle of an urban transformation, which we think need careful identity and community building. How can artistic interventions guide and support reflection on this process by giving voice to different parties and ideas? What fears are there and what kind of city do we dream of and want to live in?
We invite artists and filmmakers to reclaim the city, challenge the concept of public space and use it as canvas for story telling urban visions. Lets rethink, imagine, visualize, animate, transform cityscapes and activate Stavanger’s neighborhood through the moving image.
We especially welcome works that explore issues along these lines:
– Inspiring innovation around the artistic expression through moving image, in its relation to public space and cityscapes
– Enlightening the future vision of the urban context of Stavanger
– Creating spaces for joint experiences and formation of Identity and a living local memory
– Creating public awareness by criticism, reflection on processes of urban development
– Revealing a strong message to create a process of exchange and discussion
– Exploring cross-disciplinary skills and experimental production techniques
ARTIST FEE: 500 Euro
Selected artist’s works will be shown during the festival week, starting October 25th until November 02nd 2013.
Please fill in our special submission form and send us:
– CV, still image, film preview, using following formats: pdf/doc/mov/jpeg
Please submit your work before March 1st 2013 – to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
using the subject: “SCREEN CITY open call – (your name)”
INFRASTRUCTURE: screens & locations
For further information, please visit: www.screencity.no
Daniela Arriado (CL/NO) and Mirjam Struppek (DE).