OPEN YOUR EYES! The International Festival of Photography in Lodz, Poland would like to invite you to submit your projects to the Grand Prix Fotofestiwal 2013 competition. The jury consisting of international curators shall choose one winner and seven finalists from the sent pictures. The winner shall receive the prize of 10,000 PLN (± 2200 Euros) and his/her works will be displayed during the exhibition. The prize for seven finalists is the participation in the exhibition. All selected pictures will be exhibited during the 12th edition of the Fotofestiwal between June 6th and 16th, 2013.
Grand Prix Fotofestiwal is a competition organized every year, during which we are awarding the prizes to those artists who present cohesive ideas, brave visions as well as excellent photographic technique and who use the photographic language in a conscious manner. We want to present interesting personalities and new trends of contemporary photography. This invitation is directed at individual photographers. The formula of the competition is open and there are no thematic, age or geographical restrictions.
DEADLINE: December 10, 2012.
- Peggy Sue Amison, director of Sirius Arts Center, Cobh, Irlandia
- Alison Nordstrom, director of George Eastman House, Rochester, USA
- Irina Tchmyreva, Artistic director International Festival of Photography PhotoVisa, Krasnodar/Moscow, Russia
- Rui Prata, director of Braga Image Museum, Encontros da Imagem, Portugal
- Tomasz Ferenc, University of Lodz, lecturer
- Joanna Kinowska, Zacheta National Gallery of Art
- Adam Mazur, curator of the Centre for Contemporary Art “Zamek Ujazdowski” in Warsaw
- Krzysztof Candrowicz, director of FOTOFESTIWAL International Festival of Photography in Łódź
- Marta Szymańska, programme director of FOTOFESTIWAL International Festival of Photography in Łódź
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
A complete application of the project shall be submitted:
- via E-mail to email@example.com (GRAND PRIX in the title of the message, file size up to 5MB)
- in person / by posy to:
Fundacja Edukacji Wizualnej
ul. Tymienieckiego 3
90-365 Łódź, Poland
The project application should be sent in an envelope or packed in any other way that reduces the possibility of damage to the work. Packaging should be labelled “GRAND PRIX”.
If the application is sent by post, the date of registration is the postmark date.
An application should include:
- a completed form
- all the works included in the project
- payment confirmation (scan, photocopy)
The registration fee: PLN 100 (≈ 25Euro, ≈35USD;
Website / Applications: http://www.fotofestiwal.com/uni/news/otworz-oczy-zglos-swoje-prace-na-fotofestiwal/?lang=en