Call for Applications
International Summer School of Photography (ISSP) 2012
4-12 August 2012, Kuldiga, Latvia
Deadline for applications: 8 May 2012
From 4-12 August 2012, ISSP will again host a range of advanced thematic workshops led by photography professionals of international standing in a unique setting that makes close interaction between the students and the staff an integral part of the event.The main objective of each participant during the ISSP is to create a coherent body of individual photographic work under the guidance of their workshop teacher. Each student must produce a set of prints for the gala exhibition and a complete project for digital presentation.The workshops are combined with series of evening photography talks and portfolio reviews.
ISSP 2012 workshops:
1. Arja Hyytiainen <http://www.arjahyytiainen.com> – Personal approach in photography: From diary to fiction;
2. Phillip Toledano <http://www.mrtoledano.com> – Yes, but what does it mean? Creating concepts, exploring ideas;
3. Jodi Bieber <http://ww.jodibieber.com> – Finding your photographic voice: Latvia contemporary;
4. Hellen van Meene <http://www.hellenvanmeene.com> – Portraits: A practical guide to the art of seeing;
5. Christian Caujolle <http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Caujolle> – Editing workshop: The finishing touches;
6. Bas Vroege <http://www.paradox.nl/paradox/cms/cms_module/index.php?obj_name=ABOUT#STAFF> , Hans van der Meer <http://www.hansvandermeer.nl/> – Middle Town: Picturing the Unspectacular (Part II*)
For the second year in a row, ISSP will take place in Pelči (Pelzen) castle, near the charming medieval town of Kuldiga in Western Latvia.
Photographers of all backgrounds with a keen interest in photographic practice are encouraged to apply. The working language of ISSP is English. 60 participants (10-12 per workshop) will be selected based on their applications and submitted portfolios.
The ISSP 2012 participation fee is 500 EUR, including accommodation, full board and local transport during the school. Qualified applicants from Latvia and the adjoining region can apply for a limited number of subsidized fee scholarships (260 EUR).
For complete information and applications, see: www.issp.lv
Taking place annually since 2006, ISSP has established itself as an important non-commercial education and networking platform for emerging photographers in Latvia and internationally – our students and teachers come from over 25 countries, 5 continents.